About Biomass did you know that...
- Biomass is a fuel that can be grown and is carbon neutral
- Carbon neutral is fuel that absorbs as much CO2 gas as it puts back into the atmosphere
- 2.2 kg of wood pellet is equivalent to 1L oil
- 3.81 kg of ash wood logs is equivalent to 1L oil
- 2.36 kg of sawdust or woodchip is equivalent to 1L oil
- Any of above fuels can be easily grown in Ireland and reduce our dependency on oil
- Wood fuels burnt correctly only produce 1% ash
- The ash can be used as fertiliser
- These systems can be used to heat Hotels, Nursing homes, leisure centres, swimming pools, and houses.
About Solar did you know that...
- 20 days of sunshine is the equivalent to all the energy stored in Earth's reserves of coal, oil, and natural gas
- The sun's energy contains about 1,000 watts per square metre when it reaches the Earth’s surface
- 1 Square meter of our solar system heats 50 litres of water on a daily basis, April to September
- The average consumption per person is 50L of water/day: 1 sq/m Solar = 1 person requirements
- Based on weather data from Ireland, the diffuse light has a significant bonus for Irish Solar Systems
- Payback (including costs of cylinder and installation) is 6-7 years
- As fossil fuel energy costs increase, the solar payback time decreases
- Only 5% of people in Ireland have adopted this technology so the market is going to grow significantly
You will be reducing your carbon footprint substantially by installing solar panels for hot water production and a wood-pellet boiler to heat your home during the winter months